AEROSIL® R 972
Hydrophobic fumed silica
AEROSIL® R 972 is a fumed silica aftertreated with DDS (Dimethyldichlorosilane)
- Silicone rubber and silicone sealants
- Paints and coatings
- Printing inks and toner
- Cable compounds and gels
- Plant protection
- Hydrophobic component for thickening and reinforcement of RTV-1 K silicone sealants.
- Improves shelf-life of silicone sealants.
- Water resistant, hydrophobising of liquid systems.
- Rheology control of (complex) liquid systems.
- For use in coatings as anti-settling agent, for pigment stablilization and improvement of corrosion protection.
- Improves hydrophobicity and rheology of offset printing inks.
- Improvement and maintenance of free flow and anti- caking characteristics of powders.
Safety & Handling
Information concerning the safety of this product is listed in the corresponding Material Safety Data Sheet, which will be sent with the first delivery or upon updating. Such information is also available from Evonik Industries AG, Product Safety Department, E-MAIL email@example.com or can be downloaded from our homepage www.aerosil.com. We recommend to read carefully the material safety data sheet prior to the use of our product.
Packaging and Storage
AEROSIL® R 972 is supplied in multiple layer 10 kg bags. We recommend to store the product in closed containers under dry conditions and to protect the material from volatile substances. AEROSIL® R 972 should be used within 2 years after production.