AEROSIL® R 972 Pharma
Hydrophobic colloidal silica
AEROSIL® R 972 Pharma is a high purity, amorphous, anhydrous, hydrophobic colloidal silica for use as an excipient in pharmaceutical products (tested according to Ph. Eur. and USP/NF monographs).
- Pharmacy, especially solid dosage forms and emulsions
- Glidant for improving powder flow, especially suitable for very hygroscopic and/or cohesive powders
- Viscosity adjuster for thickening of non-polar pharmaceutical oils
- Stabilizer for water in oil (W/O) emulsions
- May be used to adjust release behavior of active ingredients
Drug master file
- DMF 1115
Safety & Handling
Information concerning the safety of this product is listed in the corresponding Safety Data Sheet, which will be sent with the first delivery or upon updating. Such information is also available from Evonik Industries AG, Product Safety Department, E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded from our homepage www.aerosil.com. We recommend to read carefully the safety data sheet prior to the use of our product.
Packaging and Storage
AEROSIL® R 972 Pharma is supplied in multiple layer 10 kg bags. We recommend to store the product in closed containers under dry conditions and to protect the material from volatile substances. Shrink-wrapped pallets should be resealed after the removal of individual bags. AEROSIL® R 972 Pharma should be used within 2 years after production.